Data protection legislation (which includes the General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR) places obligations on Biocomposites Ltd. in relation to the way that we handle your personal information. We must process your information fairly and lawfully, which means that you are entitled to know how we intend to use your information. All of our employees are responsible for the maintenance of customer confidentiality and to that end, our policies and procedures are regularly audited and reviewed.
This website is provided by Biocomposites Ltd. We take the privacy of our website users and the security of their personal information very seriously.
Your use of this website indicates to us that you have read and accept our privacy practices, as outlined in this Privacy Statement. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement, please email us through the “Contact Us” link on the website.
The identity of the controller and their contact details
Your information will be held by:
Keele Science Park
The identity of the Data Protection Officer
Biocomposites has a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to ensure that your personal data is being treated fairly and lawfully and is protected at all times. If you need to contact the DPO please email email@example.com or write to:
Keele Science Park
What information about you do we collect?
When you visit our website, you may provide us with two types of information:
- Personally identifiable information that you knowingly choose to disclose, which is collected on an individual basis.
- General user information that does not contain personally identifiable information, which is collected on an aggregate basis as you browse the website. In some cases, if you choose not to provide us with requested information, you may not be able to access all of our website’s content or services.
Where we obtain your personal data from
Your personal information will be held securely on Biocomposites’ systems so that we can manage your relation with us. This will include but it not limited to information that you provide to us in the following ways:
- Via emails, letters, phone calls, conversations, when registering for services, by participating in customer surveys or using the Biocomposites website to make contact with us and through the general use of our website.
- Analysis of your use of our services.
- From information we receive from others, such as agents, distributors and mutual business partners.
Why we process your data
As a business we use data we obtain from you and data we collect about you to perform a number of activities. Under data protection legislation we are only permitted to use your personal information when we have a legal basis that permits us to do so. We set out below an overview of the purposes for which we use your personal information and, in each case, the legal basis that permits us to use that information.
Processing your data as a Legitimate Interest
Biocomposites as outlined above will share your information within our company for the following administrative activities where we have a legitimate business need:
- Managing your relationship with us and notifying you of any changes regarding our products and/or services, which you may use or contribute interest in.
- Responding to your queries with the necessary administration so that you receive the most appropriate product or service for your needs. For example, if you indicate an interest in receiving a clinical paper, you are asked to submit your name and e-mail address, which we retain on file, so that we may send you the information that you requested. We also request your name and e-mail address each time you contact us by clicking on the „Contact Us“ link. We may retain a record of users who have contacted us in order to respond properly to questions or concerns and for purposes of future communications.
- Updating, consolidating and improving the accuracy of our records by sharing any updates to your personal data, for example if you change address.
- In addition we will share within our company and use data for the following legitimate data usage:
- Transaction analysis.
- To evaluate the effectiveness of marketing, and for market research and training.
- To support customer modelling, statistical and trend analysis, with the aim of developing and improving products and services.
- For direct marketing activities.
- Using your information for profiling to help ensure that if we market to you, this will be relevant to the information we hold about you.
- Some of this sharing will be done on an individual basis, in other cases the data is shared using secure data transfer or is uploaded into our database repository where we are able to apply strict controls over the security and access to the data. By sharing this information it enables Biocomposites to better understand your needs and run your account(s) responsibly and in the efficient way you expect.
Sharing your information to assist with asset buying or selling
We will undertake this processing under a legitimate business interest. Biocomposites may in the future wish to sell, transfer or merge part or all of its business assets or to acquire a business. If so, we may sometimes disclose your personal information to a potential buyer, merger partner or seller so long as they agree to keep it confidential and to use it only to consider the potential transaction.
Phone calls to our business premises are not currently recorded but all phone numbers that make calls to our business premises are traceable within General Data Protection Regulations.
Using your information to make contact with you
We will undertake this processing under a legitimate business interest. Delivering excellent customer service is important to us and to do this various methods of communication may be used when sending you information about your account. Sometimes this may be by Email. For example this may include sending you documentation relating to your account or other information in relation to the administration/servicing of our agreement with you. We will always ensure that we are not putting your data at risk. If you have requested that we email you information relating to your account we will ensure that we have explained the risks of sending an insecure email and that you are happy to accept that risk.
Processing your data for legal reasons
We will treat your information as private and confidential, but may share it with each other and disclose it outside of Biocomposites if we are legally obliged to do so. Examples of this are:
1. Passing information to HMRC where a court order is in place.
2. Required by the Police and/or other law enforcement agencies to investigate or prevent crime.
Processing your data for contractual reasons
There are a number of activities that we may perform to either use your data to enable us to provide a product that you have discussed with us and to continue to provide the said product and service in line with an agreement that you have with us. An example of the contractual processing we may undertake is detailed below:
1. Sending communications as part of an agreement that we have with you.
Processing your data with your consent
There will be circumstances in which we will only process your data if we have your consent to do so. For example, if you provide us with data that is classed as a special category of data such as health information, we will only process this with your permission (unless we feel the processing is necessary to protect your vital interests). You have a right at any time to ask us for information on this subject matter and ask us to stop the processing of that specific data.
Using your data for direct marketing
We may, with your permission contact you, usually by E mail or phone about products and services we feel will be of benefit to you. This contact may continue after the end of an agreement term. You may opt out from receiving marketing and promotional materials by clicking on the “Contact Us” link and sending an email to us. Biocomposites reserves the right to contact you regarding your use of the Biocomposites website.
Biocomposites will not provide information about you to other companies for their own marketing purposes.
You have rights in relation to your personal data. For example you can ask for information regarding any personal data, which you believe that Biocomposites has received via the web. You can also ask for your information to be corrected if it is inaccurate. If you wish to contact us regarding your rights please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Keele Science Park
Your right to lodge a complaint with the regulatory authority
We endeavour to provide you with the highest level of service. Please contact us using the details given above if there is anything you are concerned about and we will address this. If you are still not satisfied you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner on 0303 123 1113.
We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of the personally identifiable information that we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as installing electronic security systems that guard against unauthorised access. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us, said information is therefore transferred by you to Biocomposites at your own risk.
How can you opt-out of cookies?
Changes to this notice
This privacy Statement was last updated on the 17th July 2018.
What is a cookie and why are they used?
A cookie is a computer code that a website transfers to your computer’s hard drive so that it can remember website visits. The information within this code usually includes the name of the website, duration on the hard drive and a uniquely generated number. Cookies are used by website operators to recognise returning visitors, visitor preferences. Biocomposites would subsequently use this analysis to improve the website and our services to you.
Cookies cannot be used to identify you personally, unless you have freely given information, for example by completing the ‘Contact Us’ section and including information that we can use to contact you. Cookies also cannot access any personal information stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Different types of cookie
There are different types of cookie, which include:
Session cookies – Temporary cookies that are only stored on your computer for as long as you’re on a particular website. If you close your browser and end your ‘session’, the cookie will automatically be deleted.
Session cookies tend to be used to remember things whilst you’re browsing a website. For example, if you’re shopping online, a session cookie will be used to remember that you’ve added something to your ‘shopping basket’ and it will allow the website to keep it there for you.
Persistent cookies – These are more long-term cookies that remain on your computer after you’ve closed your browser. How long they stay on your computer changes from cookie to cookie, but it’s usually 30 days.
Like session cookies, persistent cookies are also used to remember things from when you’ve been browsing, but because they’re still on your computer after you’ve left a website, they can be used to make sure that when you return what you’re seeing is relevant to you e.g. clothes like those you may have looked at previously or grocery items you may have bought before.
Third-party cookies – Cookies that are set by, or whose information is sent back to, a website that is different to the one you’re viewing.
Does the Biocomposites website set cookies?
Yes, Biocomposites sets session, persistent and third-party cookies for the reasons listed below:
- To allow information you’ve provided on our website to be carried through to other pages so that you don’t have to enter the same information repeatedly. These cookies will be automatically deleted when you leave our website.
- To help us recognise whether you’ve been to our site before, so that when you return we can tailor content and advertisements to your preferences.
- To make sure you’re not asked to complete research surveys, too frequently or after you’ve already done so, or chosen not to.
- To collate anonymous statistics that allow us to understand how visitors use our site. We use this information to help us improve the structure of our website to ultimately improve your experience on it.
- Used for marketing purposes e.g. to show advertisements for our website on other websites and search engines and to track when people click on them.
You can delete cookies from your computer by clearing the history from your browser. The way to do this varies depending on which browser you use. In most modern browsers you will also be able to change your cookie settings.
Opting out of Biocomposites cookies
Each time you visit the Biocomposites website you can choose to opt-out of having persistent and third-party cookies placed on your computer’s hard drive.
Session cookies will automatically be deleted when you leave our site.